Marketing in Alignment with Your Values
If you’ve ever used a marketing strategy that didn’t feel good, you can probably trace it back to being out of alignment with your core values. But how do we stop chasing society’s definition of success and learn to define it for ourselves? And how do we promote our business in a way that feels authentic to our brand and the values we care about?
Katie Rasoul is the leadership coach, keynote speaker and team culture expert behind Team Awesome Coaching, an individual and group practice that specializes in supporting high-potential leaders and creating engaged teams. Katie has taken the stage at both TEDx and Disrupt, and she wrote the bestseller Hidden Brilliance: A High-Achieving Introvert’s Guide to Self-Discovery, Leadership and Playing Big. Katie also serves as cohost of The Life & Leadership Podcast.
On this episode, Katie describes how being a self-motivated high achiever both helps and hinders her big dreams. She explains how becoming an entrepreneur accelerated her journey to self-awareness, discussing how her definition of success shifted away from society’s standard and how she makes decisions based on values of integrity, connection and authenticity. Listen in for Katie’s insight on the danger of chasing someone else’s paradigm for success and learn how to market your business in a way that feels good—and aligns with what’s important to you.
In this episode you’ll learn about marketing in alignment with your values as well as …
- How Katie’s intrinsic motivation helps and hinders her big dreams.
- The sticky note that initiated Katie’s journey to self-awareness.
- How entrepreneurship accelerated Katie’s personal development.
- How Katie’s definition of success shifted from society’s standard.
- How creating your own definition of success reduces comparison.
- How feeling icky relates to being out of alignment with your values.
- Weighing decisions based on integrity, connection and authenticity.
- The real danger of chasing someone else’s definition of success.
- Katie’s slash and burn approach to editing her calendar.
- How Katie thinks about marketing for the long-term over leads.
- How borrowing a definition of success leads to feeling not-enough.
Other links and resources mentioned in this episode:
Email Sarah at email@example.com
Thanks for listening !
After you listen, check out The Gentle Business Manifesto, an invitation to belong to a movement of people who do business the gentle way and disrupt the current marketing paradigm. You can download it for free at thegentlebusinessrevolution.com. There’s no opt-in. Just an instant download.
If you enjoyed the podcast, I would be super grateful if you’d share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave a review on iTunes. I’m told that they really matter so if you’d take a minute I’d appreciate it.
Raise your hand and join the Gentle Business Revolution.