Marketing is a necessary part of any online business, but the approach is entirely up to you. In fact, if you want to be successful, it is important to find your own marketing voice and design a method that works with your introversion rather than against it. The ‘get known’ method of constant networking and speaking on stages isn’t for everyone, and there are countless other ways to attract clients that don’t involve collecting business cards or making hundreds of phone calls. Thank goodness!
After the birth of her third child in 2012, Michelle Evans walked away from a position in global marketing strategy at Microsoft to start her own marketing consultancy. Today, she focuses on helping entrepreneurs go from ‘simply surviving to predictably SOLD OUT’ by way of marketing funnels and Facebook ads. Michelle also serves as the host of the Marketing Funnel Show podcast.
On this episode of Introvert Biz Growth, Michelle shares the story of getting involved in the wrong mastermind and trying to fit the mold of the extroverted marketer. She explains how getting back to her roots and building a sales funnel turned her business around—and taught her to trust her gut. Michelle describes her strength in helping clients find their own authentic marketing voice and the tools she uses to streamline client communication. Listen in for Michelle’s insight on carving out the time to work ON your business (before taking care of clients) and learn how to define the marketing voice that works for you!
In this episode you’ll learn about marketing for introverts as well as…
- Why Michelle left a global marketing position at Microsoft for entrepreneurship.
- How Michelle’s business evolved to focus on attracting clients with marketing funnels.
- Michelle’s harrowing experience in a mastermind that was ‘all about the hustle.’
- How Michelle turned her business around with an introverted marketing approach.
- The AHA moment that helped Michelle realize she didn’t have to be someone else.
- Michelle’s strength in helping clients find a marketing approach that fits them.
- How Michelle’s business manager supports her in staying visible.
- Why Michelle blocks the first 90 minutes of each day to work ON her business.
- How Michelle leverages Dubsado for contracts, auto billing and client communication.
- How How the World Sees You helped Michelle define her own marketing voice.
- Michelle’s gratitude around coming to a place of self-acceptance.
Michelle’s favorite quote
“If you’re not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.” ~Reid Hoffman
Other links and resources mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for listening !
Thanks so much for listening to this episode.
If you enjoyed it, I would be super grateful if you’d share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
And if you don’t have it yet, get your free 4-step Guide on How to Say no to Grow. You’ll be added to my list as well so I can share the latest episodes and other introvert related resources with you.
Also, please leave a review on iTunes. I’m told that they really matter so if you’d take a minute I’d appreciate it.