Most introverts are more comfortable with one-on-one interaction than we are speaking in front of large groups. That’s why Lucy Griffiths coaches her clients to imagine making a connection through the camera lens with a single person. And that’s how Lucy navigated her 20-year career as a reporter interviewing presidents, politicians and A-listers the likes of Nicole Kidman, Barack Obama and Tony Blair.
Today Lucy serves as a video strategist and coach, leveraging her career in journalism and Masters in Coaching to help female entrepreneurs get confident on camera and grow their businesses with video. She works in a very positive and gentle way to support clients in increasing brand visibility, making authentic connections, and harnessing the power of video.
On this episode of Introvert Biz Growth, Lucy shares the story of her transition from television reporting in conflict zones like North Korea and Iraq to online coaching. She explains her inclination to ‘slink in a corner,’ describing how she navigates new environments and networking events. Lucy addresses her technique for teaching introverts to gain confidence on camera and shares the parallels between training journalists and entrepreneurs. Listen in and learn how Lucy leverages meditation to achieve calm in a stressful world and what book inspired her to become an entrepreneur.
In this episode you’ll learn…
- The mental and physical toll of working as a journalist in conflict zones.
- Lucy’s transition from television reporting to online coaching.
- How Lucy struggled as the ‘new girl’ in different work environments.
- How Lucy overcame the inclination to ‘slink in a corner.’
- The parallels between training journalists and entrepreneurs to talk on camera.
- How Lucy teaches entrepreneurs to connect through the lens with one person.
- How Lucy’s current business combines her skills as a journalist and a coach.
- How Lucy fell in love with the coaching process working with Syrian refugees in Iraq.
- How Lucy leverages the power of listening and intuition in her coaching practice.
- Lucy’s advice for navigating the stress and discomfort of networking events.
- The value of meditation in achieving calm and focus in a stressful world.
- How Lucy uses Tailwind and Planoly to schedule social media.
- How The 4-Hour Workweek inspired Lucy to become an entrepreneur.
Jennifer’s favorite quote
“Your brand is what other people say about you when you’re not in the room.” -Howard Schultz
Other links and resources mentioned in this episode:
The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated by Timothy Ferriss
Thanks for listening !
Thanks so much for listening to this episode.
If you enjoyed it, I would be super grateful if you’d share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
And if you don’t have it yet, get your free 4-step Guide on How to Say no to Grow. You’ll be added to my list as well so I can share the latest episodes and other introvert related resources with you.
Also, please leave a review on iTunes. I’m told that they really matter so if you’d take a minute I’d appreciate it.