IBG 38 –Thea Orozco – Developing an Online Presence Your Way with Introvertology
So many aspects of online entrepreneurship make it particularly suited to the introverted personality, save one—self-promotion. As comfortable and confident as we are with working on our own, we tend to be somewhat uncomfortable and insecure when it comes to putting ourselves out there with an online presence. Thea Orozco is on a mission to help introverted entrepreneurs believe in their worth and coach them to show up on social media, again and again.
Thea got into the social media marketing game early, creating a MySpace page for her family’s yarn business ten years ago. As her entrepreneurial journey continued, Thea took advantage of social media to promote her own ventures, including an Etsy store and a life coaching business. Four years ago, Thea took note of several online conversations in which apparent introverts seemed to be unaware of their introversion and think they were broken in some way. She started the Introvertology Facebook group and Twitter accounts in response, to raise awareness about introversion and encourage introverts to leverage their strengths. 10,000 likes in, Thea realized she was on to something.
At the suggestion of her own life coach, Thea eventually niched down to her current role as a visibility advisor for introverts, creating custom digital marketing strategies for her clients. She is passionate about helping her fellow introverts grow their businesses and make an impact—in a way that feels natural. Today Thea shares the importance of mindset for introverts in developing an online presence, how she leverages the introverted inclination to be a natural observer, and how she has learned to separate her self-esteem from online reaction (or lack thereof) to her posts. Listen in to understand the role fear plays in our creative lives and why Thea suggests we go toward the fear!
In this episode you’ll learn…
- How Thea developed a talent for social media marketing.
- Her business coaching introverted entrepreneurs in self-promotion.
- What inspired Thea to create the Introvertology Facebook group.
- How she coaches introverts around mindset to develop an online presence.
- Why Thea loves the mastermind format for introverts.
- How the introverted inclination to observe helps Thea synthesize information and solve problems.
- How she overcomes the introverted tendency toward overthinking.
- Thea’s advice around recognizing your strengths.
- How her resilience has contributed to Thea’s success.
- The struggle to build objective distance between identity and social media posts.
- How she leverages News Feed Eradicator to block the Facebook newsfeed and stay focused on business.
- The role of fear plays in both creativity and visibility.
Thea’s favorite quote
“Everyone shines, given the right lighting.”
Other links and resources mentioned in this episode:
The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield
Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
Email guest suggestions to email@example.com
Thanks for listening !
Thanks so much for listening to this episode.
If you enjoyed it, I would be super grateful if you’d share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
And if you don’t have it yet, get your free 4-step Guide on How to Say no to Grow. You’ll be added to my list as well so I can share the latest episodes and other introvert related resources with you.
Also, please leave a review on iTunes. I’m told that they really matter so if you’d take a minute I’d appreciate it.