Janet Murray is a British writer, public speaker and PR coach who uses her 15-plus years’ experience in journalism to teach businesses and brands how to get high-profile press coverage. Her writing credits include national publications such as The Guardian, Huffington Post, Daily Telegraph and Entrepreneur. She also appears regularly on radio and television.
Janet describes herself as an introvert with extroverted qualities. Though she likes her alone time and is exhausted by big events, her curiosity about people and talent for storytelling allows her to “turn it on” when she needs to and thrive in the spotlight.
Janet is the founder of Soulful PR, an online venture that offers coaching and consulting services to business owners, non-profits and PR firms. Her site also features a popular PR blog and podcast. She lives near London with her husband and 11-year-old daughter and runs her business from her garden ‘shedquarters,’ local coffee shop or wherever she happens to be in the world.
In this episode you’ll learn…
- How introversion can be a strength in a field like journalism which requires that you get out and talk to people.
- How she came to develop her online business, Soulful PR.
- How introversion lends itself to making connections and building relationships online.
- Why she struggles to work in teams.
- How she realized that her business does make a difference by helping others to tell their story.
- Why she sustains the habit of making a pitch every day.
- The benefits of using a single communication system with your team.
- How asking yourself, “What’s the one thing you can do that will make everything else easier?” is crucial in setting priorities.
Other links and resources mentioned in this episode
The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
Thanks for listening !
Thanks so much for listening to this episode.
If you enjoyed it, I would be super grateful if you’d share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
And if you don’t have it yet, get your free 4-step Guide on How to Say no to Grow. You’ll be added to my list as well so I can share the latest episodes and other introvert related resources with you.
Also, please leave a review on iTunes. I’m told that they really matter so if you’d take a minute I’d appreciate it.