IBG 13 – Ian Anderson Gray – Speaking on Stage as an Introvert
Today I’m talking with Ian Anderson Gray. If this interview sounds like two friends chatting than that’s because that’s exactly what it is. I’ve known Ian for a good while now and we’ve been on a mastermind together, where we talked over Skype on a weekly basis. I’m thrilled to have him on my podcast as we’ve discovered that we have quite a few things in common, besides being introverts and highly sensitive people.
Ian Anderson Gray is the founder of Seriously Social, a very popular blog focused on social media tools, efficiency and productivity. He’s a speaker, trainer, teacher, web developer and consultant. He has a passion for turning the techno babble of social media marketing into plain English. As well as being a geek, husband, and dad to two kids, Ian is also a professional singer and lives near Manchester in the UK.
In this episode you’ll learn :
- Why he prefers to refer to networking as chatting with people.
- Why he is grateful that he gets to work from home.
- How his background in music helps him with speaking on stage in front of big audiences
- How taking a StrengthsFinders test online helped to confirm that he was in the right line of business for himself.
3 Golden Nuggets:
- Attention to detail and investing some time up front setting up systems will save you time down the road.
- Favorite tool: LastPass (password manager), followed by Missinglettr (Social Marketing Automation For Blogs).
- Book: Do It Tomorrow by Mark Foster
Other links and resources mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for listening !
Thanks so much for listening to this episode.
If you enjoyed it, I would be super grateful if you’d share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave a review on iTunes. I’m told that they really matter so if you’d take a minute I’d appreciate it.