Today I’m talking with Ian Anderson Gray. If this interview sounds like two friends chatting than that’s because that’s exactly what it is. I’ve known Ian for a good while now and we’ve been on a mastermind together, where we talked over Skype on a weekly basis. I’m thrilled to have him on my podcast as we’ve discovered that we have quite a few things in common, besides being introverts and highly sensitive people.
Ian Anderson Gray is the founder of Seriously Social, a very popular blog focused on social media tools, efficiency and productivity. He’s a speaker, trainer, teacher, web developer and consultant. He has a passion for turning the techno babble of social media marketing into plain English. As well as being a geek, husband, and dad to two kids, Ian is also a professional singer and lives near Manchester in the UK.
In this episode you’ll learn :
- Why he prefers to refer to networking as chatting with people.
- Why he is grateful that he gets to work from home.
- How his background in music helps him with speaking on stage in front of big audiences
- How taking a StrengthsFinders test online helped to confirm that he was in the right line of business for himself.
3 Golden Nuggets:
- Attention to detail and investing some time up front setting up systems will save you time down the road.
- Favorite tool: LastPass (password manager), followed by Missinglettr (Social Marketing Automation For Blogs).
- Book: Do It Tomorrow by Mark Foster
Other links and resources mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for listening !
Thanks so much for listening to this episode.
If you enjoyed it, I would be super grateful if you’d share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave a review on iTunes. I’m told that they really matter so if you’d take a minute I’d appreciate it.