Today I’m pleased to introduce my first male guest. Yes, of course there’s such thing as male introverted Online Business owners.
Ian Brodie helps consultants and coaches to attract and win more clients. He’s been named as one of the Top 50 Global Thought Leaders in Marketing and Sales and his website has been named as one of the Resources of the Decade for Professional Services Marketing. He’s also the author of the Amazon #1 bestseller Email Persuasion. He describes himself as the “world’s least natural salesperson” and it’s because he found selling so uncomfortable that he found ways of making it easier and more natural for himself and teaches those methods to others like him.
In this episode you’ll learn :
- about Ian’s ‘geeky’ background and how he discovered that he needed selling skills if he wanted to move up
- how those selling skills didn’t need to be sleezy but could be based on your skills because ‘clients are interested in working with you because you’re really good at something’
- that you don’t need to sell to everybody, you just need to find more people who appreciate you for who you are and the sale will happen naturally
- why Ian prefers e-mail to in-person and telephone
- how Ian generates a steady revenue with his membership site
- how Ian uses obsession as a super power
- and much more
Grab the 3 Golden Nuggets
Other links and resources mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for listening !
Thanks so much for listening to this episode.
If you enjoyed it, I would be super grateful if you’d share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave a review on iTunes. I’m told that they really matter so if you’d take a minute I’d appreciate it.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get notified for all my future shows.