One of the worries we face as online entrepreneurs is how to handle a slow month. How do you design a business model that allows you to hedge against uncertainty? Fellow introvert Dorie Clark contends that establishing multiple income streams is the best way to do business. In fact, she has created nine sources of revenue that work together to provide lifetime value for her clients!
Dorie is a marketing and strategy consultant, sought-after keynote speaker and regular contributor to the Harvard Business Review. Recognized as a thought leader in the realm of personal branding, she is the author of Entrepreneurial You, Reinventing You and Stand Out, Inc. magazine’s #1 Leadership Book of 2015. Dorie also serves as an adjunct professor at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business.
Today, Dorie explains how she balances her energy despite a busy speaking schedule and why socializing with strangers is easier for her after she’s been on stage. She describes how her persistence in creating content over time produced meaningful results and why she employs a long-term approach to marketing her business. Listen in for Dorie’s insight around setting up multiple revenue streams and learn how she leverages transparency and simplicity to promote her products and services.
In this episode you’ll learn about creating multiple revenue streams as an Introverted Entrepreneur as well as…
- How Dorie balances her energy with a busy speaking schedule.
- Why socializing with strangers is easier for Dorie after a keynote.
- Dorie’s diverse background in journalism and nonprofits.
- Why Dorie advocates for establishing multiple revenue streams.
- The symbiotic relationship among Dorie’s nine sources of income.
- Dorie’s persistence in creating content over time to build a brand.
- How Dorie recharges through reading and time at home.
- The AHA moment that inspired Dorie to pursue musical theatre writing.
- How reading a credible daily paper helps Dorie connect with others.
- How Dorie leverages Tripit Pro to organize important travel information.
- Why Dorie is inspired by Loonshots’ look at the history of innovation.
- Dorie’s advice around guarding your reputation as an entrepreneur.
- Dorie’s insight on taking a long-term approach to marketing.
- Why Dorie publishes her pricing for coaching services on her site.
- Dorie’s gratitude for a community of peers she can learn from.
Other links and resources mentioned in this episode:
Reinventing You: Define Your Brand, Imagine Your Future by Dorie Clark
Thanks for listening !
Thanks so much for listening to this episode.
If you enjoyed it, I would be super grateful if you’d share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
And if you don’t have it yet, get your free 4-step Guide on How to Say no to Grow. You’ll be added to my list as well so I can share the latest episodes and other introvert related resources with you.
Also, please leave a review on iTunes. I’m told that they really matter so if you’d take a minute I’d appreciate it.