“We hear growing up … that being extroverted is better for whatever reason, and we tend to think of introversion as something that’s less. But if we can just embrace that instead and go, ‘Yeah, this is who I am. It’s okay for me to be this way. Not only is it okay, but I actually have gifts that are different than yours—and all I have to do is learn to use them.”
Michelle Shaeffer is an international speaker and author at Girl Blogger Next Door. She is passionate about helping mission-driven entrepreneurs build profitable businesses that make a positive impact on the world. An expert in the area of content marketing and online lead generation, Michelle is also the creator of the HookLine Dynamic app. She has written 42 blog posts in a single day, mentored more the 15K bloggers through the Ultimate Blog Challenge, and published more than 1K posts on her own blogs.
Today, Michelle explains how she learned to make introversion work for her rather than using it as an excuse. She discusses how the pen name she used as a protection mechanism became the brand for her online business and how she accidentally discovered the power of blogging to reach potential clients. Michelle describes how she overcomes her reluctance to speak on stage or talk about herself by focusing on how she can serve others. Listen in for Michelle’s insight on learning to embrace your introversion and use your gifts to do big things!
In this episode you’ll learn how to build a profitable business as an introvert as well as…
- How to make introversion work for you rather than using it as an excuse.
- How the pen name Michelle used to protect herself became her brand.
- How introversion helped Michelle get good at online marketing.
- Michelle’s accidental discovery of blogging as a way to reach potential clients.
- Michelle’s challenging first experience with speaking on stage.
- The value in sharing your truth as an introvert.
- How Michelle overcomes the reluctance to talk about herself.
- How caring about other’s success serves as a strength for introverted coaches.
- Michelle’s strategy around asking, ‘How can I make this work for me?’
- How putting herself in the other person’s shoes helps Michelle take risks.
- How to avoid taking on other’s emotions by thinking of yourself as a mirror.
- How Michelle uses HookLine Dynamic to write powerful online content.
- How Choose Yourself helped Michelle understand her own power of choice.
- Michelle’s gratitude around having the opportunity to inspire others.
Other links and resources mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for listening !
Thanks so much for listening to this episode.
If you enjoyed it, I would be super grateful if you’d share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
And if you don’t have it yet, get your free 4-step Guide on How to Say no to Grow. You’ll be added to my list as well so I can share the latest episodes and other introvert related resources with you.
Also, please leave a review on iTunes. I’m told that they really matter so if you’d take a minute I’d appreciate it.