It is frightening to see the number of LinkedIn Company Pages that have a good number of subscribers but absolutely don’t have any updates. These people clicked on the ‘Follow’ button but then they haven’t heard from the company ever since.
In my last post I was analyzing the difference between LinkedIn Personal Profiles and Company Pages (read my post HERE) and my conclusion was that even though the personal profile has many more options and is in my humble opinion much more important in today’s market, I still recommend that every business owner (and definitely larger businesses) create a company page on LinkedIn.
But just like a website is no good without traffic, a static LinkedIn Company Page is useless as well. You need to stay in touch with your followers and you do that by sharing valuable content with them.
Here are some content ideas for your LinkedIn Company page
- Your own blog articles of course! Every time you publish a new blog post, make sure to share it with your followers on LinkedIn
- Articles related to your sector People followed your company page not just because they like your company, but mostly because they are interested in news about your industry. So keep them informed about what’s going on in your area of expertise
- YouTube videos in relation with your sector. Videos are much more engaging then any other kind of media.
- Every press release mentioning your company
- Your own SlideShare presentations or presentations related to your sector
- Questions to your subscribers. In order to increase engagement it’s a good idea to ask your followers a question. What’s your opinon? What’s your experience? This or that?
Don’t forget to include media
Always include a media content such as images, infographics, videos, SlideShare presentations etc. in order to draw attention and to make your public interested in your publications. In addition, write a convincing introduction and choose a good title for each publication.