We all feel down sometimes. But as entrepreneurs it’s especially tough because we have to auto-motivate ourselves to get the energy back. So here are a few suggestions on what you could do when you are feeling down.
Feeling down is normal
We all have those days where we would just rather stay in bed and feel like anything we do is useless. I have them especially in winter or when it’s raining !
Disadvantage of being an entrepreneur
The difference with being an entrepreneur is that no one obliges us to actually get up! So we could technically just cuddle up in bed with a good book and read all day! And you know what, some days we should actually do that and feel good about it, because we have also chosen to be entrepreneurs to get that flexibility. But of course we cannot always do that !
So what to do when you’re feeling down?
In the past year I have been using Leonie Dawson’s Life & Business Planner & Workbook and let me tell you it has really helped me a lot! It’s a year planner where you define monthly objectives and revisit them each month. Now I know it’s already August, and we’re already half through the year, but maybe you need this just now in order to make the 2nd half of the year have a real impact!
Anyways, one of the sections in her workbook is called ‘In case the suckies strike’ 😉 It’s a page Leonie wants you to fill out and pin up somewhere in your office. Here’s an excerpt of my list and what I do when I’m feeling down:
What I do when ‘the suckies strike’
- go outside for 5 minutes: fresh air always helps to clear your mind and a little vitamin B never hurts
- listen to a good song: I love music and one of my favorite songs almost always does the trick and gets me back to being motivated. Try it and listen to ‘I’m happy from Pharrell Williams’
- stretch: get up and stretch, a real stretch ! Ahh, feels good doesn’t it? I love how small kids always naturally stretch when they wake up. Then over time they loos the habit. Stretch more often, it feels good !
- cuddle the kids (or a pet): when we’re feeling down our need for affection rises. Go ahead and get that affection where you can. Maybe your kids are around and still in the cuddle-friendly age, or otherwise maybe you can give your dog or cat a good hug.
- put on some aroma therapy: as I believe in alternative medicine I also like to use essential oils to boost my mood. For example Lavendar or Bergamot. Give it a try!
- call one of my colleagues or Mastermind peeps: when I’m feeling stuck with a project and need some advice or just someone to listen I also like to give one of my colleagues or Mastermind peeps a call. Often it’s reassuring to hear that we’re not alone and that others have bad days too !
What do you do when you’re feeling down?
Why not create a list like that as well – or download Leonie’s workbook.
Join the VIP Online Presence Mastermind
If you would like to give your business a real boost the last 3 months of this year, improve your Online Presence, finally understand Social Media, and most importantly experience this in a group setting, where you can exchange with other business owner who are in the same situation as you, then I think you need to join my VIP Online Presence Program that starts on September 1st, 2015. Find out all the details by clicking HERE or on the image below.