About the Importance of your Website
With all the talk about Social Media, you could be fooled into thinking that your website is not that important anymore… Wrong!
Think of your website as your house party. As a good host, here’s probably what you would do:
- Send out invitations
- Clean up your house
- Host a memorable party which people don’t forget and want to come back to !
For your website it’s the same, but in a slightly different order:
- Clean up your site
- Send out invitations via your activity on Social Media (links back to your blog posts for example)
- Share valuable content which will make people want to come back to regularly
If your website stinks, don’t expect top results from Social Media
So in other words, if your website stinks, don’t expect too much from Social Media. It’s like sending out invitations for your party, but having a giant mess in your house when people come over.
Your website needs to talk to your audience
Your website is maybe THE most important piece of your brand. It represents your style, your professionalism, your expertise. You might have hired a great web designer, but it doesn’t stop at the design. Ask yourself the following questions:
- does my site talk in my audience’s language?
- does it address my client’s needs?
- does a first time visitor understand what I’m offering?
- are there call-to-actions on every page?
- does a visitor know how to get in touch with me?
- are there ways for a visitor to get updates from me? (newsletter)
- do I use different media on my site? (text, visuals, audio, video)
- do I have a site that will get me new clients or is it just an online brochure that will sit there and collect dust?
If you get a constant flow of clients from your site…
… then I think you’ve figured it all out. But if not, then join me this Thursday, March 13th, 2014 for a FREE Hanginar in which you’ll learn about:
- The main pages every website needs to have
- The content that needs to be on these main pages
- What’s wrong with most small business owner’s site
- Why your website copy is important
- Which plugins I use on my site & recommend
- Answer to your questions