IBG 44 – Milana Leshinsky – Creating Events That Work for Introverts
‘I was so bad at sales, I had to learn marketing!’
How do you initiate conversations and make connections—when approaching people isn’t your thing? Self-described introvert Milana Leshinsky brilliantly positions herself as a center of influence, and the people come to her. Though it surprises some to hear it, Milana actually creates her own events so that she doesn’t have to compete for attention, but simply attracts the people who respect her as an expert in the realm of online business.
Milana came to the United States from Soviet Ukraine 25 years ago as a classical musician. She started her first business as a web designer so that she could work from home while she raised her children, and went on to become a serial entrepreneur, inventing the telesummit and building a million-dollar coaching business. But when she began to suffer from anxiety, she knew it was time to take a step back and reflect.
Milana made the difficult decision to walk away from the business, handing the reins over to her co-founder. She spent the next 12 months figuring out what drives her and designing her new venture, Simplicity Circle. Now she is leading a simplicity revolution for coaches, authors, speakers and entrepreneurs who want to grow their businesses with ease. Milana helps people identify their talents and design a business around their natural tendencies, so that her clients make money just by being themselves!
Today, Milana discusses the role introversion played in her decision to pursue online entrepreneurship and the way she designs events to accommodate introverts. She shares her understanding of simplicity as a question of alignment and the value of employing the right business model for your personality type. Milana offers insight around the significance of spaciousness, the way she uses Facebook Live as a teaching tool, and the telesummit as an ideal format for introverted entrepreneurs. Listen in and learn how to get around the discomfort of networking by establishing yourself as an authority in your field.
In this episode you’ll learn…
- The role introversion played in Milana’s choice to pursue computer programming.
- How online business accommodates introverts in a big way.
- How she designs events to serve introverts.
- The idea behind Milana’s new venture, Simplicity Circle.
- Her understanding of simplicity as a question of alignment.
- How Simplicity Circle helps clients design a profitable business around their talents.
- The value of employing the right business model for your personality.
- Her talent for creating products and programs.
- Milana’s strategy of attracting people as an expert in her niche.
- Why the telesummit is an ideal strategy for introverted entrepreneurs.
- Her insight around the significance of spaciousness.
- Milana’s take on using Facebook Live to share or teach.
- How Seth Godin’s book inspired her to create value through ideas.
Other links and resources mentioned in this episode:
Unleashing the Idea Virus by Seth Godin
Thanks for listening !
Thanks so much for listening to this episode.
If you enjoyed it, I would be super grateful if you’d share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
And if you don’t have it yet, get your free 4-step Guide on How to Say no to Grow. You’ll be added to my list as well so I can share the latest episodes and other introvert related resources with you.
Also, please leave a review on iTunes. I’m told that they really matter so if you’d take a minute I’d appreciate it.