IBG 24 – Mark Schaefer – Building a Meaningful Web Presence as an Introvert
Mark W. Schaefer is a globally-recognized blogger, speaker, educator, consultant and author. He teaches graduate marketing classes at Rutgers University and has written five best-selling books including Social Media Explained, The Tao of Twitter, Born to Blog, Return on Influence, and The Content Code. His latest title, Known: The Handbook for Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital Age, outlines the four components necessary to establish a meaningful online presence.
Mark started his own business, Schaefer Marketing Solutions, in 2008 – just as social media was taking off as a marketing tool. He immersed himself in the medium and started a blog to offer practical perspectives on the use of social platforms to promote business. Now he is among the world’s most recognized social media authorities. He is the co-host of The Marketing Companion, one of the top 10 marketing podcasts on iTunes, and he has delivered keynotes at Social Media Week London, SXSW, and Word of Mouth Marketing Conference Tokyo, among others.
Mark specializes in marketing strategy and social media workshops, consulting for startups and global brands such as Adidas, Dell, and AT&T. He is also a popular commentator who has appeared on a number of prominent programs including CNN, NPR, CBS News, and the BBC. His mission is to help others make an impact via a profound and meaningful brand presence on the web.
In this episode you’ll learn…
- How reputation-building has changed in the world of social media.
- The correlation between success on the web and personality type.
- How he became interested in social media as a business marketing tool.
- The strategy he employs to speak in front of large audiences.
- How introverts might deal with the “swarm” of attention that follows public speaking engagements.
- How having the courage to share your story gives you a more meaningful web presence.
- The pros and cons of introspection as an introverted entrepreneur.
- The mindset necessary to take the first small step when you are feeling overwhelmed.
- How Mark pushes himself to connect and engage with others, but on his own terms!
- The advantage of being able to “pick yourself” in the world of modern technology.
Other links and resources mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for listening !
Thanks so much for listening to this episode.
If you enjoyed it, I would be super grateful if you’d share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
And if you don’t have it yet, get your free 4-step Guide on How to Say no to Grow. You’ll be added to my list as well so I can share the latest episodes and other introvert related resources with you.
Also, please leave a review on iTunes. I’m told that they really matter so if you’d take a minute I’d appreciate it.