IBG 23 – Clare Desira – Transforming Your Mindset with the Top Five Movement
Clare Desira is an Australian product developer, writer, public speaker and coach who founded the Top Five Movement. She does corporate program management to facilitate behavior change and social programs, including workshops to build confidence for women around money. Clare also volunteers as co-director of a leadership program for young people with a focus on building self-awareness and providing leadership tools.
Clare is committed to this volunteer work because that was how she got inspired to become the positivity guru she is today. At 21, she attended a leadership program that she credits with teaching her that she had the power to do and be anything she wanted, that life was hers to choose. The curriculum also helped her to identify her values, and joy was at the top of the list.
In 2006, Clare began writing down her top five moments of every day, and has since recorded over 10,000 happy memories! As the benefits of this habit started spilling over into other areas of her life, Clare knew she needed to spread the word. In 2012, she took to the TEDx stage to tell her story and proceeded to take the Top Five Movement Global. With her practical approach to positivity, Clare is on a mission to help people around the world live their best lives.
In this episode you’ll learn…
- How understanding what you value can be a game changer in decision-making.
- How recording your top five moments each day can interrupt unhealthy thinking and help determine what makes you happy.
- How acknowledging positive moments affects your brain chemistry.
- How she has turned the top five practice into a business – and a movement!
- How the concept of building positive mindset to drive behavior change translates to any audience.
- How self-awareness can make an introvert more confident in public speaking.
- The mindsets that help her view public speaking as an opportunity for conversation.
- The pros and cons of having judgment and perspective as her top character strengths.
- Why she uses the Pomodoro Technique to maintain focus.
- How the value of productivity influences success.
Clare’s favorite quotes
“There are three types of people in the world: Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen and those who say, ‘What happened’?” – Anonymous
“In a year’s time what will you be glad you started today?” – Anonymous
“Celebrating another’s success will never dampen your own.” – Anonymous
Other links and resources mentioned in this episode
The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure by Grant Cardone
Thanks for listening !
Thanks so much for listening to this episode.
If you enjoyed it, I would be super grateful if you’d share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
And if you don’t have it yet, get your free 4-step Guide on How to Say no to Grow. You’ll be added to my list as well so I can share the latest episodes and other introvert related resources with you.
Also, please leave a review on iTunes. I’m told that they really matter so if you’d take a minute I’d appreciate it.