IBG 06 – Cat Rose – Are the majority of creatives introverts?
In this episode I’m pleased to introduce Cat Rose. Cat has reached out to me last year about publishing a guest blog on my LinkedIn business website. She wrote a wonderful post about upping her game on LinkedIn. And in May, while talking to my friend Ashley Faulkes her name came up again. Ashley told me that she had recently launched a business also related to introverts. So I just had to talk to her ! Long story short, she’s here with me today and we talk about introversion & creatives.
After trying (and failing) to ‘get discovered’ online as an illustrator, I educated myself on marketing and social media. I also used what I’d learnt about design and branding from my years at a design agency and finally things started to click. Now my mission is to share this discovery with other creatives who don’t find marketing comes naturally to them and who shy away from the business end of things.
Cat’s Favorite Quote:
Actually, you can.
Listen to the Episode
In this episode you’ll learn :
- how Cat’s introverted energy is related to her creative mind
- how Cat helps creative introverts be more comfortable with showing off their work
- about Cat’s bookclub (because most introverts are bookworms, right?)
- how she generates some passive income with the sale of pet portraits
- about her introverted super powers and how she discovered a strenght that she thought was natural but then found out that some people are better at it than others
- what she struggles with (and you’ll find out that she’s not the only introvert struggling with that 🙂
- about storytelling (and how we sometimes make up our own stories)
Grab the 3 Golden Nuggets
Other links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- TheCreativeIntrovert.com with the book club !
- CreativeIntrovert on Facebook
- Cat’s Pet Portraits
- Rising Strong by Brené Brown
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown
- Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Creativity also by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Quiet by Susan Cain
Thanks for listening !
Thanks so much for listening to this episode.
If you enjoyed it, I would be super grateful if you’d share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave a review on iTunes. I’m told that they really matter so if you’d take a minute I’d appreciate it.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get notified for all my future shows.